The Scottish Science Advisory Council has convened a small working group led by Professor Jim Hough to explore how schools, universities and business can work together more effectively to support the delivery of high quality science education in Scotland's schools. As a first stage in this piece of work the group held a workshop at Glasgow University on 14 December with representatives from academia, business and schools present.
The aims of the event were to:
- Highlight and explore current activity and connections between academia, industry and schools in relation to science education;
- Identify the current and future needs of each sector;
- Explore and identify the barrier to working together;
- Explore and identify opportunities for enhanced collaboration;
- Act as a launch pad for activities that would move this agenda forward.
The report of the workshop is attached.